Thursday, May 30, 2013

Why I Rarely Dance:

The other day a woman at Fogbound wanted to know why I rarely dance. The reason is because I cannot figure out a graceful exit once the dancing has started. The dancing seems to go on forever once it has commenced. In my mind, I'm considering all the possible things I could say to get out of this predicament and the different implications of each option and I begin to panic. Finally, when I can no longer take it and feel like I have to go RIGHT NOW, I end up saying something really strange like "I want to terminate this dance and take my leave of you. Good day."

That usually gets me a stunned "Uh... OK" and a spot shortly thereafter on their block list. So I generally just try to avoid the situation all together by not dancing in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment