Friday, September 12, 2014

Sanity Support Kit:

I spend a lot of time during the day performing google searches such as "someone please help me"; "how to make more money" and "what's it like to be an illegal immigrant in Australia", among other things. Typically, nothing of interest turns up. Usually, just telephone numbers for suicide hotlines, immigration lawyers, and scams for someone selling an ebook about "how to make money online."

Today however, I googled "I'm going crazy" and a link turned up for something called the Sanity Support Kit. That got me thinking, what could be in a sanity support kit? So I made my own list of items that should be in it:
  1. A poem because as Mary Oliver said poems are "fires for the cold, ropes let down to lost" and as necessary as food. One good poem is worth three suicide hotlines.
  2. A mirror to show you the one person most capable of solving your problems.
  3. Duct tape so you can keep yourself together.
  4. A PopTart for energy. 
I'm not sure what else should be in the kit. Did I miss anything essential?

6 comments: