Tuesday, May 28, 2013

1234 Days Old Today

Today, I am 1234 days old in Second Life. That's the last good combination of days until I'm 1999 days old and I get to party like it's 1999. That particular song by Prince came out in 1982. The turn of the century was so far away then, he felt like it would never get here.

That's how I feel about my 1999th day in Second Life. It's so far away that I feel like it will get never arrive. It's 765 days away, which is more than two years. Something may happen in that time. Second Life could disappear or I could disappear or we might both disappear. Alternatively, Second Life may phase out all viewers that keep track of avatar age in days and I won't even know when I'm 1999.  I'll just be something boring, like five years and five months old.

Do you remember where you were in 1999? It seems like a distant memory now, but it was a special time. The world was so full of hope then.

No comments:

Post a Comment