Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Question I Hate Most:

The question that I hate to be asked the most is:  

If you're so smart, how come you're not rich?

My mother asked me that once, and it cut me to the core. It's such a painful question that I don't even subconsciously ask that of myself. I keep it carefully suppressed to protect my fragile ego.

There is an assumption that wealth is a sign of intelligence. Even SL blogger Nalates Urriah believes this as shown by her discussion of SL losing users:

Then there are the bloggers that write as if they know what the Lab should do. Of course none of those writers are making US$45+ million per year.

From this statement, I can only surmise that she thinks LL is smarter and more knowledgeable than anyone that makes less money than the Lab. Maybe so. And maybe I was never as smart as I thought I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment