Monday, April 15, 2013

Happy And Sad:

So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
-The Perks of Being a Wallflower 
It's difficult to imagine a situation where one is both happy and sad at the time, but I think I know of one. What if you were suicidal and found out you had a fatal illness? You would be sad to know that your life was ending soon, but relieved to know there is no need for suicide because life is quickly coming to a close. In the Perks of Being a Wallflower, the main character was suicidal.

I suppose one could feel the same way about the long rumored death of Second Life. If Second Life did die, you would be sad, but amazed at how much free time you suddenly had.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment