Friday, January 25, 2013

Believe


"How is it that I am looking at myself," I asked.

He replied, "I'm you from an alternate universe."

"How did you get here?"

"It's a matter of belief."

I asked skeptically, "you just believe it strongly enough and you can cross over?"

He stared at me and said slowly "for decades, humans attempted to run a sub-four minute mile. When it was finally accomplished in 1954, another runner managed to do it a mere 56 days later. Within three years, 16 other runners accomplished the feat."

"What happened," he said "was that they gave up a belief about something being impossible. Impossible is not always fact. Sometimes it's opinion disguised as fact."

"Now" he inquired, "would you like to reconsider your belief about the existence of an alternate universe? I've been there and it's amazing..."

No comments:

Post a Comment