Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Not Wanting:

Maya Angelou died this morning.  She was widely quoted in profiles in Second Life. These are some of her more popular quotes from SL profiles:
          Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option. 
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I don't trust people who don't love themselves and tell me, 'I love you.' ... There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.” 

Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I've got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs? 
She was born April 4, 1928. At the age of eight, she was sexually abused and raped by her mother's boyfriend. She had a variety of jobs including fry cook, prostitute, night-club dancer and performer, and cast-member of an opera before finding her calling as a poet and writer. One last quote:
In all the institutions I try to be present and accountable for all I do and leave undone. I know that eventually I shall have to be present and accountable n the presence of God. I do not wish to be found wanting. 
 She won't be found wanting. She astounded everyone, including the gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment